(Last Updated May 30, 2020)
This Online Privacy Statement is an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our websites and during your relationship with us. The information outlined below will assist you in making informed decisions while doing business with us.
IT Vortex, LLC, a New Jersey Corporation, (hereafter referred to as IT Vortex), values you as our customer and recognizes that privacy is important to you. In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, IT Vortex operates www.theitvortex.com and other portals (individually, “Website” and collectively, “Websites”.). IT Vortex is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your “personally identifiable” information. We are committed to using our customers’ information only in a responsible manner. We are committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Statement describes IT Vortex’s privacy practices in connection with information that we collect through the Website from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”), through email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Statement, and through your communications with us and when you do business with us (collectively, including the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, the “Online Services,” and together with offline channels, the “Services”). By providing Personal and Other Information to us, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Information
IT Vortex does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse our Websites unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse our website unless you:
- access a Website from a link in an email that we sent;
- log into your IT Vortex customer portal account
- have created a profile and log-in when you access a Website.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect Personal Information such as:
- Name, gender, home
andwork address, telephone number and email address, your business title, date and place of birth, nationality, Social Security, passport, visa or other government-issued identification information, salary;
- Credit and debit card number;
Employeror other relevant details if you are an employee of a vendor or other type of business partner;
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business ;
- Profile picture;
- Social media account ID or user ID;
- Information regarding services you are purchasing;
- Information pertaining to a job application;
We and our partners may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Our Websites: We may collect Personal Information when you purchase goods and services from us, communicate with us via online chat services, inform us of any special requests or preferences you may have, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest, or promotional offer.
ThroughOur Offline Services: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you visit one of our offices, sign a contract with us directly, or contact our helpdesk.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties. This may include information from your travel agent, airline, credit card, and other partners, and from social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected). For example, if you elect to
loginto, connect with or link to, our Online Services using your social media account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
When we do need to collect Personal Information from you, we will ask you and/or your employer, to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, failure to provide your name will prevent the processing of sales.
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our partners in connection with the Services (e.g., if you make a referral for another individual or company), you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide the services you request, such as to facilitate sales and services, send confirmations of such services or
- To complete and fulfill your orders, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your services are available, and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide you with a copy of your invoice or statement via email. If you facilitate a transaction for another person and provide your email address for that transaction, that person’s bill or statement will be transmitted to your email address as well. It is your responsibility to inform that person that his or her invoice or statement will be emailed to
you,unless he/she makes alternative arrangements.
- To send you administrative information, marketing communications, promotional offers, periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys.
- To personalize your experience when you choose one of our services.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests
andother promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security
andfraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
IT Vortex will never sell your Personal Information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to reasonably ensure and permit the business relationship that you wish to conduct with IT Vortex. Your Personal Information, when we have your consent to do so, may be disclosed in connection with the following services:
- To Service Providers: We may disclose Personal Information to our third party service providers who provide services such as
internet, phone, hardware, software, colo, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and
- related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing
- This Privacy Statement does not apply to the handling of your Personal Information by your employer, any credit card companies, banks or their respective agents, and we are not responsible for their practices.
- Sponsors of Sweepstakes, Contests and other Promotions.
- Through Social Media: We may disclose your Personal Information to your friends associated with your social media account, to other website users and to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Websites; provide customized
third partyadvertisements, content, and information; monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Websites and third party marketing activities; monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities;
- We may disclose your Personal Information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, and otherwise in our good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate any Website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity;
- Corporate Reorganization: We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings;
- In case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual. If personally identifiable information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of such information that is furnished solely to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a client of one of our hosting services, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information in a similar manner as set forth in this Privacy
Statement,and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- International Visitors and Data Transfers Across International Borders The nature of our business and our operations may require us to transfer your Personal Information, to other group companies, properties, centers of operations, data centers, or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection and other laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, IT Vortex will take appropriate steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected and handled as described in this Privacy Statement.
- Invoices: If you seek to have your service charges invoiced to any other third party,
we maydisclose personally identifiable data about you to that third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices such as credit card companies or travel agents or agencies.
- Third Party Communications: when we communicate with our clients or organizations who have made a contractual obligation with IT Vortex, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or
other commercial account; when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies, but only to the extent necessary to comply with contractual agreements;
Collection of Other Information
IT Vortex may collect Other Information that does not disclose your Personal Information, including information such as the browser and type of device you are using, app usage data, data collected using cookies, pixel tags or Web beacons to obtain information while visiting our Websites. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Statement.
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Through your use of the Apps: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file created by a website that is stored your device. It creates a unique identifier for your computer that is recognized whenever you use one of our Websites in the future. Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to collect statistical information, to personalize your experience while using our Websites and to recognize your device in order to assist your use of the Websites. We also gather statistical information about
useof our Websites in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us withresolving questions regarding them.
IT Vortex’s cookies are created by our Websites
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications
andother services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Online Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
useof the Services and report on activities and trends. These services may collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps andonline resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout You can learn more about Adobe and opt-out by visiting http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html .
Use and Disclosure of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat
- Third Party Services: This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Services link,
third partypayment services, or any third-party website that is the landing page of the high-speed Internet providers at our apartments. The inclusion of a link on the Online Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, this third party’s collection, use and disclosure ofyour Personal Information.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer.
- Third Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Online Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Online Services and other websites or online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through
useof pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/. You may download the AppChoices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in mobile apps.
IT Vortex recognizes the importance of information
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the instructions in any such email you receive from us. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information:
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us at email@example.com, or:
IT Vortex, LLC
237 West Midland Ave.
Paramus, NJ 07652
United States of America
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Retention: Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, national identification number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you sign a contract with IT Vortex, we must maintain your Personal Information until the contract
ends). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain information to which we are unable to enable you to review, for legal, security, or other reasons. Although we will make no more marketing use of information you have asked to be deleted, occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on back-up systems or within log files due to technical, financial or legal requirements.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Cross Border Transfers
IT Vortex performs business transactions worldwide. Sharing information cross border is essential to the Services so that you receive the same
IT Vortex strives to keep all our customers and visitors informed and equally able to take advantage of the benefits offered by IT Vortex. However, if you reside outside of the United States, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send
you information that you have not requested from us.
The Websites are hosted in the United States and are intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use any Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your Personal Information on any Website you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing. IT Vortex may limit the availability of any Website or any service or product described on any Website to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access any Websites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we will transfer your information to the United States.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
IT Vortex is committed to protecting the privacy of minors. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), we ask that you do not use the Websites. IT Vortex does not seek to obtain, nor does it wish to receive personally identifiable information directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our Websites. If we do learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on any Website from a minor and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your minor child has obtained an account on Website or has otherwise provided personally identifiable information, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our Websites.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement. The “LAST UPDATED” date at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Website. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
IT Vortex, LLC
237 West Midland Ave.
Paramus, NJ 07652
United States of America
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card, government identity numbers or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Virtual Layer Security
IT Vortex utilizes VMWare’s NSX network virtualization and security product which is the network and security platform that enables the virtual cloud network, software-defined approach to networking that extends across datacenters, clouds, endpoints, and things. With NSX Datacenter,
networking and security
when the client’s needs call for more
NSX allows for and meets the following industry certifications: FIPS – NSX Datacenter for vSphere 6.3.0 has a FIPS mode that uses only cipher suites that comply with FIPs. ICSA – This is an
NSX also maps to the NIST special publication 800-125B “Secure Network Virtual Configuration for Virtual Machine (VM) Protection”. Common Criteria – NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.3.0 has been tested for compliance with the EAL2+ level of assurance. PCI Compliance – Other standards such as NIST 800-53, IRS 1075, and MARS-E are made possible via the strong GRC procedures that NSX logging and auditing allows.
The basis behind NSX is a zero trust model (Security by Default) that allows for a completely hardened system out of the box and then only upon business needs are rules and processes designed to facilitate access whether external to internal (North/South) or internally (East/West). IT Vortex uses NSX across all its vDCs and client vDCs to accomplish micro-segmentation of critical applications, DMZs, and agent-less anti-virus.
NSX also allows for DNE (Distributed Network Encryption) which encrypts all traffic in the hypervisor based on group-keying concepts and rules defined by the business process owners. Cryptographic tokens are used for authentication and encryption. Keys are of type symmetric and each
key also has a unique identifier called KeyID which is at 128-bits.
Physical Layer Security and Redundancy
- Located in Parsippany, New Jersey
- 30 miles outside of Manhattan
- Easily accessible by car, bus or NJ Transit train
- 30 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport
- Well above FEMA 500‐year flood plain
- 24/7/365 on‐site security personnel
- Triple factor authentication (man traps, anti‐passback system & biometric & proximity card
- scan) required to access secure areas
- Multi‐factor biometric scanning (fingerprint & iris) & card readers required to access cages
- High Definition video surveillance with 90‐day footage retention
- 4 fully independent (N+1) redundant power systems
- 2 mirrored UPS rooms supported by 2 mirrored diesel generation rooms
- On‐site JCP&L power substation
high densityPower requirements up to 20kw per rack
- Can deliver single pole (120v), two pole (208v) or three‐phase configurations
- 120,000 SQF
purpose built, single tenant building
- Includes a 70,000 SQF expansion completed in March 2015
- Built using concurrent maintainability and fault tolerant standards
Fullportfolio of FLEXServices available where you can sit staff during a local office outage*
- Amenities include conference rooms, server build area, restroom with showers, kitchen with vending & a long-term storage area
- Low‐velocity, high‐CFM ambient air N+1 cooling systems
- Cabinets chimney system extracts hot air through
ceilinginto separatecooling room without contaminating air on data center floor
- Redundant configuration supports high density (20 kW+) power configurations anywhere on data center floor
- Conventional smoke & heat sensors
- Dual interlock pre‐action dry pipe sprinkler system
- Clean agent fire extinguishers located throughout the facility
- SOC 1, SOC 2, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS compliant
- Carrier neutral facility with triple cable entrances
- 10+ carriers on‐net including Verizon, Zayo, Level 3, Lightower and Fibertech
- Fiber connectivity to other Net Access data centers & major NY/NJ carrier hotels
- Blended, BGP‐routed, Internet access available from 5 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- 24x7x365 on‐site technicians
- 24x7x365 Network Operations Center (NOC) available by phone or e‐mail
- All physical entry, environmental, power & networks monitored real‐time
- Access to self‐service customer care portal
Notes: * Additional fees may apply